This is a one-of-a-kind property and a rare opportunity to own over 53 acres in the Mt. Gretna area. The property has an historical background. In 1923 Abraham Lincoln Kauffman bought the property and built an amusement park on it. It was finished in 1926 with a Roller Coaster, a Carousal, a Shootin Gallery, a Snack Shop, Bath Houses and a million gallon swimming pool. Until 2014 it also had a 3 acre lake. This lake could possibly be restored at a new owner's expense. By 1929 Kauffman went bankrupt and it was sold to Henry Otto. In 1950 Dr. Dennison bought it and then it was sold to the present owner in 1960. Most of the cement swimming pool is still on the property and has become a "pond". No logging has taken place since 1951. It carries with it several deed restrictions and easements that would make the property very difficult to subdivide. The home was built in 1951. It features mostly hardwood floors, many built-ins, a wood burning fireplace with a heatilator, all brick exterior and a slate roof. This residence was top quality when built, however, it has had very little updating. The furnace and hot water heater were replaced in 2017, fire place chimney liner and cap was replaced with double stainless steel around 2011 and roof repairs in 2021. List Agent Related to Seller
Single Family, Single Family-Detached, Cape Cod, 1-1/2 Story
1 Full/1 Half
Softener Own, Oil Hot Water Heater, Well
2,691 sq. ft
Yes - 2 spaces
Mt Gretna Area
Detailed Room Information
- Den/Study, Kitchen, Laundry Room, Living Room, Attic
- Country Kitchen
- Dishwasher, Wall Oven, Refrigerator, Cook Top Range, Disposal, Exhaust Fan/Hood
- Hardwood, Other
- Electric, Wall Air Conditioning, Ceiling Fan(s)
- Electric Heating, Oil. Radiators.
- Partial, Full, Entrance Outside, Walkout
- Insulated, Screened
- 1. Heatilator, Wood-burning.
- 2+ Access Exits J, Entry Level Bedroom.
- Additional Interior Features
- Attic Storage, Built-Ins, Breakfast Area, Wood Floors
Exterior / Lot Features
- 2 Garage Spaces. Underground Parking.
- Brick, Porch, Roof Deck, Patio
- Slate, Composition
- Lot View
- Trees/Woods, Pond
- RESIDENTIAL FOREST DISTRI
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Exterior Lighting, Out Building, Sidewalks, Not In Development, Trees. Irregular, Pond, Trees/Wooded.
Active Market Trends
Median list price
Days On Market
Properties For Sale
Sold Market Trends
Median sold price
Median Sq. Ft. Price